Wednesday 18 September 2013

Cake Queen 9d - Jean from Lets Eat Cake

Caker 9d Jean Dolan, yes that's me, I was so thrilled to be chosen to be part of the Cake Queens.  Little ole caker me from a small little business Lets Eat Cake.  When I was asked I was thrilled but terrified,  so many questions running through my mind but a resounding yes was my answer,  I knew many that were going to be taking part & also knew their skill level was much higher than mine.
   
Received the picture of my piece in the post & was so excited & the hype of us all sharing the pictures we received was amazing, then the reality strikes yikessssss.


I made a chocolate biscuit cake & I painted my image, getting the blues to match the picture was a nightmare but it was fun, I was was  pleased with my final piece.  On Monday we drove to Dublin to drop off the piece where I met many of the queens & it was amazing to see their pieces & their techniques, to really enjoy the cakes they have to been seen in person as on Monday I found out that pictures did not do them justice, they are phenomenal.  Thank you Niamh & Geraldine for making me part of the queens as it truly is an honour to be part of such a wonderfully talented group of people.  




No comments:

Post a Comment