Sunday 15 September 2013

Cake Queen 5a - Agatha from Cakefield Avenue

Hawk!
Cake Queen Agatha aka Cakefield Avenue here. 

Wanted to do my piece as quick as I can. Since I got it by post I had a vision in my head how it's gonna look.
 Yeah, that's my piece here:


So, it landed in a drawer for a good while. No panic, have lots of time. Then I started noticing posts about dimensions, cake type, what you gonna use, etc., etc. So hmmm, my vision changed into something boring IMO. I hate straight lines, perfect millimeters, inches or centimeters. No offense to anyone who loves it that way(PEACE ;))
But yeah, seems like it has to be a copy? Let's do a copy.

Firstly, try to match the blue. Not easy, right? See the pic below: 


Good few hours of cleaning blue disaster. Well, getting there. The pic itself was quite easy and quick. Rolling thin layers of sugarpaste, cutting out the shapes, glue - stick it -glue -stick it. Machine. Yawn.
Stages of creating boring copy below: 



Done? Done. Easy peasy. Now the cake.
Decided to do the Chocolate Biscuit one. No butter in the fridge? No worries we have Stork! Mix, into the tin , into the fridge. Waiting. tick tock tick tock... Quick peep, is it ready yet? 
Gothness me, wtf is that grease all around..... 
Right, no use. No more cheating. 
Next day, another cake. With real butter. 

Nice one. Yum yum. OOOPS! isn't straight enough. Right, how much was that? 75 mm. Hang on, they said 3 inches. No! 7,5 cm. 
Ah heyoooor, I'm gonna leave it. 

Piece on a cake, and waiting for Niamh to handover my masterpiece.

So, yeah, that's my piece. But... it's not what I wanted to be honest. Still have time to re-do it. Can I, can I, pretty please? 
And The Boss said YES YOU CAN! Hallelujah!!!!

I was so so happy to be allowed to make it again I forgot to take the pics of the stages, only at the end... SH*T NO PICS! and took out my fabulous new HTC smartiephone to shoot a few of the latest ones. So here it is. My own interpretation. With my little signature. YAY!


That's all from me. Can't wait to see all the 50 pieces together. Signing off, Bye Bye for now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment