Sunday 22 September 2013

Cake queen 2B - Amy from Cake-a-licious and blogging virgin.



So when I first heard about this project I jumped at the chance to be involved, to do something a little different from the normal weekly cakes, but little did I know at the time how amazing and overwhelming this project would be.

This was my pic, it included lots of iconic landmarks, the ha’penny bridge, part of the spire and part of the GPO, I loved it but had no idea what to do with it. So I put it beside my bed in the hope that inspiration would strike.










It eventually did...about a week before the piece was due. I decided I wanted to try pointillism with royal icing. I wasn’t sure if it would be the right technique to capture the detail but gave it a go anyway.

So I started by tracing the picture, piping the general outlines and filling in the white sections. From here it was just hand numbing dot piping in several different colours, and adding some highlights here and there.






 






It worked! I was thrilled, especially because I didn’t have a plan B.
I loved being involved in this project and was blown away by how all the pieces fit together so well and by how well received it has been. Can’t wait to work with these fab queens again x
 




No comments:

Post a Comment