Sunday 22 September 2013

Cake Queen 4d - Breda from The Ribbon Shack

Well  I am absolutely brutal at blogs and the like so this will probably be the shortest blog of the lot, pretty much like my cake, the shortest of the lot.  I got a little conflustered (it doesn’t take a lot) as people were using different forms of measuring as in centimetres, millimetres or inches.  I was trying to get everything done as my daughter was overdue her first baby (the gorgeous Arianna arrived on the 19th!)

I never double checked the measurements, sure why would I, I knew it was to be 3cm in height.  So off I set about making my ickle (very ickle) contribution.  Got it all finished, I was bloody delighted with myself.  I left it in the kitchen and told my daughter Mary that one of  her favourite Cake Queens Karen was very kindly dropping  in to collect my piece later that morning, which she did, and Karen very promptly rang me.  I can’t quite remember what words she used but basically she was giggling and calling me an  eejit, the cake should have been 3 inches not 3 centimetres.  She said this to Mary, Mary told Karen she would have to ring me and tell me it was too short cos there wasn’t a hope in hell she was going to ring me (mind you I did wind Mary up a bit when I did speak to her later on and pretended that Karen hadn’t spoken to me and the poor child was nearly dying a death having to say that the cake was too short, hehe, there has to be some pleasures to this motherhood lark).  I came up with a brilliant idea (at least I thought so), as part of my piece had a house on it I chanced my arm asking the Queen Bee Niamh G could I leave it at the height it was, way lower than all the other pieces and when somebody asked what happened we could say the house had been built with pyrite, it cracked and sank, tadahhhhhh problem sorted.  Not quite, she said nope, she’s a  right spoilsport.  I redid the cake to 3 inches this time and off it went to join all the other 3 inch cakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment